Wednesday, February 10, 2010

How can I remove dried nail polish from a hardwood floor?

My three year old dumped two bottles of nail polish she found in her sister's room all over the hardwood floor. How can I remove this without having to redo the entire floor? Is there anything I can use that won't remove the finishing from the floor? I tried non-acetone nail polish remover in a very small spot, but that took the finish off. Is there anything else I can do? This is my first home and I'm completely clueless when it comes to these things!!!How can I remove dried nail polish from a hardwood floor?
mineral spirits!!!!!!! im a cabniet installer and i do the same thing a lot with laquer based paint, the same as your nail polish, altho it didnt have acatone in the the remover it was alcahol based which stripped your lauqer based floor finish, mineral spirits is and oil base, it might take some scrubbing but it will work. it can be bought at any hardware or paint storeHow can I remove dried nail polish from a hardwood floor?
Non-acetone polish remover should not have taken the varnish off a hardwood floor. Are you sure that it is real wood that has been varnished or is it a laminate product?





I would call a company that sells wood/laminate floors and ask them. If you have a small store near you I would call them first, they are more likely to have the time and be more willing to answer your questions.





You may have to pick it off little by little. Try using a small exacto knife and work a very tiny section at a time. (Like the size of a pencil point).





If all else fails, put a piece of furniture over it. All us moms have had to do that at one time or another.





Good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment